Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The strangest thing

Dear Congressman,

As I made you aware yesterday, Melody and I are off for a weekend in Boston in a few days to trade tall talls and brag about children with some fellow grads of the American School of Paris.

As my mum passed away this last February, we have been very busy with trying to get her condo ready for sale by emptying the contents, most being donated to local charities as we did not feel like having an estate sale and haggling over prices during a sad time in our lives. So we gave away most items and dug through the personal items she kept of our past lives as a family.

Melody went through a box of personal items that my sister had set aside to see if she could find anything related to my days at the American School of Paris. During this search she found something that she did not expect to find....

a guide to the historic city of Boston, from 1964....

Now, as background, in 1964 I was a year old and we were living in Yorkshire, UK , in the house in which I was born. Since my parents were young and poor with two children at the time, I have doubts that they secretly jumped across the pond for a fun filled weekend in BeanTown.

Also, as far as I can recollect, my mother never visited Boston in her lifetime, or never even talked about Boston.

So here we are, my wife looking through a box to find anything related to my high school in Paris for a reunion in Boston, and all she finds is a 1964 guide to Boston....

Weird.....

No comments: