Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Motivation

Dear Congressman,

Thought I would review the last week for you.


This is Ed McMahon. He died last week at age 86. He constantly worked in show business but still ended up nearly losing his McMansion to foreclosure during the current crisis. Guess he forgot to put some money away for a rainy day. Likable guy though....






This is Farah Fawcett. I, like every other red blooded American teenager of the seventies, had this poster hanging on my wall. She passed away at age 62 after bravely battling anal cancer for the last four years. As my own mother died of cancer only a few months ago, I feel a deep sadness for what her family is going through at the moment.




This is Michael Jackson. He was only 50 and preparing for a series of concerts when he dropped dead of an apparent heart attack. He had a troubled life that I will not get into here, but be assured that with the movable circus that is his extended family, the drama surrounding him will continue for years to come.








This is Billy Mays, a popular infomercial/salesman who made you pay attention to the products he was selling by raising his voice to "Who concert" level decibels when emphasizing their qualities. He too was 50 years old and died of an apparent heart attack.






So, lets recap.

Ed- 86, good long life.
Farah - 62, good life but cut too short by a horrible disease.
Mike - 50, drops dead.
Billy - 50, drops dead.

I think there is a lesson here. Personally I put in over 40 miles on my bicycle this weekend and quite a bit of time doing rhythm boxing on the Wii Fit in my family room, as in four years time when I turn 50 I have no plans on joining Michael and Billy.

As for you Congressman, maybe this is a sign that the old Marlboros need to go bye-bye....

1 comment:

Scott Wheeler said...

And then there was Gayle Storm and Fred Travalena. Of course, it all started with David Carradine.