Monday, May 4, 2009

Back from the UK

Dear Congressman,

I wanted to reassure you that I have not stopped blogging but just took a week off to go to England and scatter my mother's ashes on my uncle's farm in Dorset. I have attached a few pictures from the trip for your viewing.



















It is amazing how the parking garage in Bath knew that I was coming to town as they renamed the top deck in my honor!



















And the Bath traffic authority was keenly aware that Melody was in the process of re-evaluating certain aspects of her life.

















For the record we went 50 yards down the road and there was no one down there having intercourse that we could see....



















After drinking copious amounts of beer in the local pub, I woke up the next morning with my mate Burt still hanging by me. He assured me that nothing untoward happened between us in the wee hours of the night....

















This is not a trick photo... the road is only slightly wider than the car I am driving. A little later up the trail we came across a tractor, thus we had to back up about a quarter mile until we could find a turn out and get out of the way.

Word to the wise: if the GPS on your UK rental car wants you to turn on to an "unnamed road"... don't.

















These were stocks were in the yard of the church in Creech St. Michael where my mum and dad were married many moons ago. Gives a whole new meaning to "with this ring I thee wed"....

No comments: