Sunday, April 12, 2009

More boring poetry

Dear Congressman,

I didn't have anything to contribute today so I decided to write another boring poem....

A lot

The glowworm's batteries died yesterday
Leaving nothing more than cloth and metal screws
A thought lost in a moment of digital time
Like a camera destroyed by analog sand

There is pain
Their thinking is not reasoning
They're watching Reality TV
I don't seem to care

I must be ascending to avoid the anger
But mixed up in a litany of assent
I find solace in my plastic grief
Knowing but not understanding
Finding no way to communicate the difference

Because that would take caring
and the mental garden is already planted
complete with weeds and pesticides
strangling out the righteous flowers
the damage is in plain sight
but is not easy to see

or feel
or hear
or touch

or share

or

No comments: