Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New Orleans Review

Dear Congressman,

Last October I went to New Orleans to attend a software conference. This was my second time to New Orleans and I wanted to share some photos from the visit.

Here is a photo of a shop on Bourbon Street that specializes in making people do things quicker. I was kind of surprised to see that a business for promoting efficiency had so many pictures of nearly naked women on their outer walls, but maybe that is a southern thing that I just don't get.







As you are probably aware, the New Orleans Saints won Superbowl XLIV (44 for those who are Latin impaired) I am impressed by that deed as the number of beads on this bar's roof leads me to believe that the throwing arms of the Greater New Orleans area are not of a pro-bowl caliber.

I would not be normal if I did not throw in a typical vacation photo. This is Melody and I standing guard over Bourbon Street, ensuing that the intoxicated general public is safeguarded from pickpockets, entertainers covered in silver paint trying to relieve tourist of small US denomination currency, and guys named LaTournee selling non-existent time shares in Shreveport.



I think this is Chris Owens outside her club without makeup on a Thursday morning clearing the vomit from the previous night's patrons off the sidewalk. I know many people would be surprised to see she was really blond, but the National Enquirer did not return my calls so I can't think it is that bizarre.










This is the famous Cafe Du Monde, which is french for "where the hell did all these cockroaches come from???". Note all the people who are obsessed with beignets and chicory coffee sitting in the outdoors section on a rain soaked afternoon, oblivious to the cockroach infestation that is occurring in the main building. Okay, I only saw one crawling up the wall earlier in the day, but where there is one, there is the population of a small city waiting to emerge!!!





And finally, I thing this door sign that Melody spotted in a quaint corner of the French Quarter really captured the essence of New Orleans. Viva la vie!!!!

No comments: