Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Paddy's Day

Dear Congressman,

Since today is St. Patrick's day and everyone in the US pretends they are of Irish descent while wearing green clothing and drinking insane amounts of beer, I thought it would be appropriate to present something Irish for your entertainment.

So, without further delay, here is a summary of a story written by an Irishman


The Reader’s Digest Condensed Version of James Joyce’s Ulysses

Episode 1: Stephen: “You suck, Buck!”

Episode 2: Stephen: “You’re making me queasy, Deasy.”

Episode 3: Stephen (to himself): “I miss my mom…life was different in Paris… I got a great idea for a poem!... Boy, I gotta pee.”

Episode 4: Leopold: “Here’s breakfast and a letter from Milly, Molly. Excuse me while I go make number two.”

Episode 5: Leopold: “I wish that damn tram would get out of the way!”

Episode 6: Leopold: “Paddy was a good man, but do you realize you have a dent in your hat?”

Episode 7: Read all about it! Read all about it! Leopold and Stephen are in newspaper office at same time and don’t talk to each other! Read all about it!

Episode 8: Leopold: “I’m hungry… those people are disgusting… Venus has a nice ass…what the hell does that postcard mean?...oh crap! There’s Boylan”

Episode 9: Stephen: “Shakespeare’s wife liked to do it” Buck: “So does Leopold, except I think with you.”

Episode 10: A bunch of folks wandering through Dublin… nothing to see here….

Episode 11: Leopold: “Good dinner, but what the Blazes?”

Episode 12: Citizen: “Leopold , you are a %(@#%&#$ jew!” Leopold: “I’m outta here!”

Episode 13: Leopold: “Oh lord, she is so hot!” Gerty: “He is kind of hot in a sad way!”

Episode 14: Leopold: “Is it a boy? A girl? Or a history of English prose?”

Episode 15: Leopold: “Am I in a brothel…nah… it must be a bad dream… come on Stephen., lets get out of here before the walls melt again.”

Episode 16: Leopold & Stephen (singing) : “What do you do with a drunken sailor!”

Episode 17: Leopold: “If ya gotta piss, mind the dog!”

Episode 18: Molly: “Make your own breakfast!... What should I wear to Belfast?... I wonder how you spell metempsychosis?...I am really bored….I wonder where Lieutenant Mulvey is now?... Is Milly a younger me?.... Does Stephen like me?.... I guess I still love Leopold….

The end

No comments: